With there being many period homes in the local area, we have completed many alterations and refurbishments to these kinds of properties.
With period properties it is even more important to match materials and profiles precisely such as;
- Deep skirting boards
- Dressed stone
- Large covings and rails
- Timber windows and doors
Case Study: Extension & Alteration Project S11
When the clients purchased this Victorian property it was suffering from years of neglect and poor alterations from the 60s and 70s.
The outline of the project was to build two extensions sympathetically to match the existing property and restore the existing house. Some of the materials we had to match were:
- Spindles – Some of the original spindles were missing so we had some turned to match precisely.
- Brick work – We sourced reclaimed bricks to match the existing perfectly.
- Windows – The existing were sliding sash. We restored some and made new to match the originals.
- Coving – Some coving was damaged and we needed more for the extensions so we made a mould then had new made to match.
- Skirting – As most Victorian houses had large skirting which are no longer available off the shelf we had some made to match.